Is everyone sending you links from Apple Music? Here’s a userscript for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey that adds Spotify links to iTunes album and artist pages. You can also choose to embed a Spotify player directly on the album page.
- If you want the Spotify link to open in the Web Player instead of the desktop app, look for the
open_in_appvariable at the top of the script and set it to
- If you don’t want an embedded Spotify player on album pages, look for the
embed_playervariable at the top of the script and set it to false.
- When multiple matches are found in the Spotify catalog, the first one will be used.
- The script will try to work across different locales, but may fail to find a match when the album/artist name on the iTunes page is in an alternative language, like the Chinese
Aerosmith. This is a limitation of the Spotify search API. Japanese queries seem to work most of the time, but not always.
- The search API may have trouble finding a match due to minor naming discrepancies. If you suspect this is the case, you can always look for it manually on Spotify.
v3.0 — 2017/01/29
- Vastly improve album matching (Will now handle the majority of naming inconsistencies, including live albums and deluxe editions. Also tries fuzzier search queries for better matching of classical music and soundtracks. Sorry for the occasional false positives.)
v2.0 — 2016/11/04
- Add option to embed Spotify player on album pages